Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Animatic Feedback

After presenting my animatic to the class I had quite a lot of feedback. One comment was that it may be beneficial for me to favour the happy side. This would be good because it would give a more clearer contrast of the two sides. It would also encourage the audience to watch on because more activities are happening on the positive day. I think this will be reflected in my actual film because more sounds will be present on the positive day which means that his would most likely overpower the negative day.

Another comment was that I could have the positive sounds coming out of one side of the speakers/headphones and negative sounds coming out of the other side. This would be very effective but I think it would divide up the two days and not show a very clear contrast of them. It would also sort of make them into two different films which I am not aiming for.

A further comment was that some of my timing were not very effective. I agree with this because in the middle of the day I have not included many shots and it seemed to go by quite quickly in comparison to the rest of the day. I also did not include many shots of the characters traveling. This can be achieved by adding more shots when filming and by many adding a clock but speeded up in order to show the passing of time.

A final comment was that I could include some more shots towards the end of my film in order to tie the two days into one. This could be achieved by merging both screens into one maybe as they are going up the stairs or looking in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment