Wednesday, November 17, 2010

First Thoughts on Film Poster

I came across two movie posters from the films 'Due Date' and 'The Dark Knight'. I looked at these because they both focused on one character which I think I should do in mine because my short film is mostly made up of one actor/character. The 'Due Date' poster in particular inspired me the most because from the characters facial expressions the audience can see that he is not happy and this is what I want to portray in my poster. Also the taglines in the poster "If there's a hell, I'm already in it" and "Leave your comfort zone" supports the idea that he is not happy which leads me to believe that I should be considering an appropriate tagline for my short film.



I also came across a second poster from 'The Dark Knight' and a poster from 'Face/Off'. These two inspired me because they both represent two characters but in one poster symbolising a link between them. In 'The Dark Knight' poster the outline of 'Batman' is seen but with the 'Jokers' smile which shows two character in one which is good because it shows a connection and sort of keeps the audience guessing that is going to happen. In the 'Face/Off' poster one of the characters face is on the others face. This also shows a clear connection of the two characters. This is what I want to do in my short film because even though I have the same actor in both the happy and unhappy day they possess different personalities which I will need to portray in my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment