Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why I changed the ending

I changed the ending of my short film. I changed it from a robber trying to enter the house of the happy person and the robber actually entering the unhappy persons house and robbing it to the happy person coming back from his date and then cleaning up after the unhappy person. I did this in order to, in some ways, shock the audience because throughout the short film they are lead to believe that these two characters are not related and maybe in some sort of parallel universe. I also thought that it would be best to only use a single screen towards the end of the short film in order to show the connection between the two characters.

I also thought that to introduce a new character, the robber, literally minutes before the short film ended would not be very effective and would not really interest the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment